Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Broken dishwasher or just hard water?

Blattus Slafaly wrote:
wrote:
I bought a new condo and my water is very hard. Whenever I use the
dishwasher I get white flaky residue on everything. I read to try
vinegar. I let the vinegar sit for several hours with the bottom
full
of vinegar. Then I ran it a little to circulate the vinegar and
let
it sit again. I then ran it through a complete cycle with no
dishes
or detergent so as to rinse the vinegar out. I still get chunks of
stuff on all the dishes. The silverware especially looks
horrible -
caked on white film with small bits of white flaky substance and
food
particles.

Do you think I need a new dishwasher or is there some 'smoking gun'
you see?

Dishwashers are energy wasters. Throw it on the dump and wash dishes
by hand.

Troll plonked.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate