HarryM

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

"Ward Cleaver" wrote in message
. 150...
Lawrence Wasserman wrote in rec.woodworking

In article ,
Sweet Sawdust wrote:
What in your opinion is the most dangerous tool in your wood shop,
based on the number and severity of injuries you have received, not on
what you have heard from other people.

My vote is first the stationary belt sander, Forever letting small
wood pieces get away and scraping fingers, and second the drill press
same reason.

I lost the tips of five fingers in 1958 to the jointer. My fault. Removed
the guard to flat plane a section of a checkerboard made of 2x2 squares of
walnut and maple. Now, one of these fingers is stiff, and I have cut it two
more times -- table saw and router table -- because of the stiffness. I
also have scars from the drill press [nothing serious, but a friend lost a
finger when the bit caught in a steel bar he was drilling and became a
propellor]. But then, I also have an old scar on my belly from a pet
rabbit, so maybe I scar easily. harrym