Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
gudi gudi is offline

Default Downspout Installation ?

On Sep 4, 6:49 pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
I am having a re-roof done including new gutters and downspouts. The gutter
guy came out yesterday and installed the gutters and downspouts.

Some of the downspouts are not perpendicular. If I measure the distance in
from the end of the house to the downspout, I get 7 inches at the top of the
downspout and about 6 in at the bottom of the downspout, so about an inch
difference, from a distance this is noticeable to the eye. This is a single
story Ranch style home, so the downspouts are about 7 feet long.

In other spots the distance is 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch.

Besides visually not being straight is there any disadvantage?

Screws into plastic anchors into the stucco hold the downspout straps in.

Am I being anal? Should I just reposition them myself, or call the roofing
company?

Since you checked it out after the roofer left, you could ask him to
redo the job to your satisfaction now, including a much smaller extra
payment.