Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default Dust Collector Location question / advice

In article 49b223b3-b747-4aae-b9ae-772ff6ae4049
@v16g2000prc.googlegroups.com, says...
I did quite a bit of buying when I did my dust collector and plumbed
my entire garage for each tool. I did quite a bit of reading and the
one thing I never paid attention to was that a LOT of people just move
the hose from tool to tool as they work. My JET dust collector was
far under powered for what I was asking it to do, and have since moved
to just moving the hose from Jointer to TS to Planer. I like the
setup I have now and wish I had not spent the extra 200-300 bucks on
the stuff I recently sold at a garage sale for maybe 20 bucks. The
money was not as big a deal to me as the countless days trying to get
it to work.

Thanks. I was considering doing the same in my new shop. I was
thinking about putting the DC downstairs in the garage and running a
vertical down to it. I'll have to think about that some more.

BTW - I did the same thing with my compressor. I have a lot of black
iron to sell at the next garage sale....now I just use a long hose.

I did that in my last basement and garage. It worked quite well,
though I left 150' of copper and more than a dozen disconnects when
I moved. I understand the issue with the DC though.

--
Keith