Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On topic -- Schick vs. Gillette blades

On 2008-09-09, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

[ ... ]

Only shave every other day and use an electric. That does
wonders for the ingrown whisker problem.

I'd have to agree. I had a tendency to shave uphill, not down, and I
used a
safety razor (Gem, as I recall). That would cut the whisker below the
skin,
then it would turn over and ball up. My beard is quite curly. I recall
pulling out hairs that had grown in a ball and were a half inch long when
uncoiled. Some of them grew quietly for a long time, then they'd get
infected. You'd think I would have learned to shave downhill, but that
was
not to be. It was easier to just quit shaving!

My worst time, ever, was while in the National Guard, at camp. I was
required to shave daily, as you might imagine. By the end of two weeks
worth of shaving, my face was a mess.

IIRC, some twenty or thirty years ago, the Army started making
exceptions for those with this problem.

Chuckle!

They surely wouldn't have made an exception for me (although I was out long
before that time. Got out in '62). Didn't take me long to wear out my
welcome in that outfit. Company of 128 men------625th MP Company in SLC,
Utah. Still a going concern as far as I know. At the time it was lead by a
bunch of boozers and retards. First soldier was amongst the worst of them.
They got real tired of me and my attitude---and made life less than
comfortable. I put in my six years and departed----much to their delight
(and mine).

Anyone that knows me would likely shake their head in wonder------me----one
of the most dedicated rebels, an MP? :-)

Not really. I've know several Veterans who were MPs. One of my
neighbors back in the '60s told me about being picked out of his basic
training company and sent to Ft. Rucker before the construction was
finished, to be part of the first group of MPs. He said they were
taking the biggest, orneriest GIs they could find, and if they had been
in a fight or two in basic, it considered a plus. The old boy passed
away in the '70s.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.