Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default On topic -- Schick vs. Gillette blades

On 2008-09-09, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

[ ... ]

Only shave every other day and use an electric. That does
wonders for the ingrown whisker problem.

I'd have to agree. I had a tendency to shave uphill, not down, and I used a
safety razor (Gem, as I recall). That would cut the whisker below the skin,
then it would turn over and ball up. My beard is quite curly. I recall
pulling out hairs that had grown in a ball and were a half inch long when
uncoiled. Some of them grew quietly for a long time, then they'd get
infected. You'd think I would have learned to shave downhill, but that was
not to be. It was easier to just quit shaving!

My worst time, ever, was while in the National Guard, at camp. I was
required to shave daily, as you might imagine. By the end of two weeks
worth of shaving, my face was a mess.

IIRC, some twenty or thirty years ago, the Army started making
exceptions for those with this problem.

Not while I was in. During Basic training in the '70s I had to shave
five times a day to satisfy one of the DIs. I would still have fresh
blood on my face, and the ignorant ******* would claim that I hadn't
shaved. I have plenty of scars on my face from those days.

He was fresh out of DI school, and didn't have a hair on his face.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.