Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Programmable thermostat recommendation ?

You want two high quality ones the power company came and installed in my
house?

Unless you have an absolutely predictable life, your unit will always run
unnecessarily, or you will have to put it on manual sometime to adjust the
temp.

Programming them is next to learning html on the learning scale. And if
anyone messes with it, you will be a while before you notice anything awry,
and in the process lose a lot of energy. Translation: cash.

I replaced them with two twenty dollar units. On - Off - Cool - Heat -
Fan - Auto.

So simple I can work it.

And if I go away for a few days, it isn't cooling or heating the whole place
with no one home. Or, I don't have to program and then reprogram them.

At first, they sounded like a good thing, but I'd never ever own another.

Steve