Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Bathroom exhaust fan

"RBM" wrote

No John, that's the one area where Panasonic really has them beat. You
have to have deep enough joists (12") to push the entire unit into the
ceiling almost vertically, then lay it on top of the sheet rock and
connect the duct fitting and duct, then slide it into the hole. For attic
installs, they're really good, cheaper than Panasonic, no vibration, and
every bit as quiet,

Good info. One of these days, I want to remove the existing fan we have and
replace with a properly vented one. Right now, it just vents to the attic
crawlspace believe it or not. One of my 'tricks' previous owners left us.
(meantime we plastic sealed it and its causing no harm).