Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Bathroom exhaust fan

On Sep 9, 5:17*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello,

* * We are looking to have an exhaust fan added to our two bathrooms.
A new roof was installed this past May and I had the roofer already
add the exhaust vents. What is a fair price to have them installed?
Also can anyone recommend a good quality one?

Thanks,
Nick

Not seeing the work to be done, I'd guess between $100 and $1000, but I
could be off by 25%.

Panasonic

I tend to agree. If everything else is in place, wiring, switches,
vent piping to an outside vent etc. etc. one could probably go to a
big box store, pick up a fan and a few bits and pieces and install it
oneself for $100 or less. That's what we would do to replace our
existing bathroom fan etc.
However; it if it requires 'all new'; for example wiring into and
existing wall, cutting that wall, patching and re-plastering that
wall, etc. etc.! Then when it comes to roof work? Is a scaffold
required; safety gear to prevent worker falls? Making sure the
contractor has liability insurance while working in/on your property
etc. etc. Time to get to your location, do the work, clean up and
return to base? Any permits required in your jurisdiction? If so who
gets them?
Could be $1000 easy!
Also btw considering that cost of materials could be the least part of
the job.
rather like saying a good cook can make a cake that is applauded by
all by using a small amount of flour, some lard, a smidgen of spices,
a few handfuls of raisins/nuts etc. a greased baking dish and a whole
lot of skill and know-how in an oven set to the proper temperature!.