Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_6_] Tim[_6_] is offline

Default Windows

Hello again all,
I am confused about which windows to put in the new home I will be
building soon, in the Houston Tx area.Consumer Reports recommends
Anderson and Pella wood and vinyl clad windows,but I am unsure about
either because 1) termites are a problem here 2) moisture is also a
problem, and 3) I have seen vinyl deteriorate over time d/t UV
exposure. Most window sites are currently recommending some form of
vinyl or vinyl clad windows these days,and I understand that aluminum
will, to some degree, act as a thermal bridge. All things being
considered,I still think aluminum sash is the way to go if only
because it will hold up to the above mentioned elements indefinitely.
Am I totally off base here? What do some of you tradesmen think?
Again, thanks in advance for constructive input.

Tim