Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:55:36 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Since I am forced - by law - to pay for the libraries in my locale',
there are several I'd like to see banned for lack of any evident
merit: Anything by Michael Moore, Bill Maher, Al Gore, Sean Hannity,
and Lyndon LaRouche. I hate paying for their drivel.

You can easily remove my ability to influence the content of the
library by having the government ceasing make me pay for it.

Since I consider the public library one of Ben Franklin's best ideas, I'm
happy to go along with their inclusion of books I don't agree with.
Nobody makes me read them, although I sometimes do just to get a different
point of view.

Nobody makes me read them, but someone makes me *pay* for them.
The idea that even one billionth of one cent of my money makes into
the pockets of political parasites like Gore and Moore makes me
writhe in pain.

That seems to me to be a major difference between the neocons and
traditional conservatives. The neocons seem to want all government
supported organizations to espouse ONLY the neocon view of the world.
Of course, the PC branch of liberalism is just as bad.

Whereas the Constitutional view is one in which the Federal government
is so limited in scope that none of this would even be a discussion.

Traditional conservatives and liberals believe in letting all points of
view compete. Since many people can't afford to buy every interesting
book that comes out, the public library serves as their access.

So ... because the ends appear good, any means is OK, including
violating the Constitutional limits on Federal power? If people want
to have libraries in their communities, let them tax locally for them.
There is no place for the Feds in this discussion.

Now if you'd like to ban that ridiculous "left behind" series, I might
support that proposal - just kidding :-).

They make excellent bird cage lining.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/