Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default On topic -- Schick vs. Gillette blades

Ignoramus19762 wrote:
For a long time, I used Gillette blades (replaceable blades). They
would normally become impossible to use after about a month.

Then, in March, I received a set of two disposable Schick blades. I am
still on my first one, after half a year, and it shows no signs of
getting any worse.

So the schick one, must be using a much better steel than
Gillette. The difference is spectacular.

This naturally asks how can a famous company make such **** product
for so long.

But besides this, what is it in human hair that dulls hard steel
blades? I thought that hair was a soft material.

From the comments below this Walgreen's descriptor, this razor
sharpening gadget, presently being hawked with TV ads isn't worth ****e.

http://tinyurl.com/5ltlot

Anyone else here olde enough to remember "honing" Gillette blue blades
by rubbing then around the inside of a drinking glass?

And the rush to be the first one in your office to get your hands on
some Wilkenson Sword stainless steel blades when they began to show up
on the left side of the pond?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia