SwampBug

Default Why isn't there a SCMS that can accept a dado blade?

seems they could add a 'dado lock' to insure level. . .at least as good as a
RAS.

--
SwampBug
---------------------
wrote in message
"BeerBoy" wrote:

This might be a stupid question but I've always wondered why somebody
doesn't put out a SCMS that you could put a dado set onto? Would it be

dangerous or underpowered or what?
Seeing as the SCMS is so popular nowadays and the radial arm isn't, it

would
be a nice feature.
I usually use a router to put dados in long narrow boards but I think the
miter saw would be a nice alternative especially for a series of

repetitive
cuts.

--
BeerBoy

Well one idea is that a SCMS pivots in back. You won't get a level
dado.

Wes