Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

I don't want to live in a theocracy, but I'm far more worried about
being overtaken by the Leninists on the left (like Obama) than I am
about a person of deep personal faith occupying office...

I, for one, am deeply concerned about a (any) President using the office
to impose, and thus enforce, by Presidential decree and administrative
action the beliefs and theology of a specific denomination. The creation
of an ipso-facto state religion.

There is a line, and I have no concept where that line is, that should a
President cross it, would lead to claims the President has violated his
oath of office by actions which are blatantly and defiantly opposed the
1st amendment. In such a situation, after Supreme Court review, could
likely give cause to the Congress to start Impeachment processes.

For example: If the President, by decree, refuses to provide federal
funds to any public school districts which will not teach creationism.

or If the President, by administrative decree, halts all medicare
reimbursements to any hospital that has extended admission privileges or
staff position to any Doctor who performs abortions.

The Democratic Party does not claim the either Obama or Bidden to be
above the Constitution. Obama will enforce the Constitution, and the
laws authorized and enacted by Congress as interpreted by the Federal
Courts.

McBush and Palin scare me (down to my toes) when they give speeches
proclaiming their desire to impose a minor religious sect belief system
upon this nation by their actions (if elected.) Even if those actions
are in opposition, or in violation, of current statues or decisions from
the Federal Court(s) system.

BTW: I completely, and totally reject any and all arguments that the
constitution's first amendment does not protect the Federal Government
from any specific religious denomination taking control.