Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Fancy wire rope ends?

On Sep 8, 10:58*pm, The Hurdy Gurdy Man
wrote:
I was rather surprised to see some rather nice looking wire rope terminators
at Harbor Freight this weekend, like so:

And, at less than $10 each, it's quite the bargain for stainless. *But
does anyone else make these sorts of things at such reaonable prices? *I know
Sta-Lok makes them for architectural and marine use, but they're seriously
pricey. *Same goes for the ones McMaster carries. *I'd really like to find
something fairly close to the same price range so I know where to source such
things affordably other than just Harbor Freight, but I haven't had any luck
after a decent bout of web searching. *Any suggestions for retailers?

I bought one, couldn't find 5/32" wire rope in the junk pile so tried
it on 3/16", and messed up the weak spring that holds the clamp jaws.
Now the jaws don't stay in place so I haven't been able to test it for
strength.