Posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
bg bg is offline

Default Looking for this switch (Midas Venice solo switch)

Eeyore wrote in message ...
I'm repairing a Midas Venice mixing console. Try and avoid doing so.
It's a nightmare

Despite the agent's tech insisting that the 'solo' switches are 'self
cleaning', no amount of exercising them will prevent 2 of them behaving
intermittently.

They are pcb vertical mount types, i.e. the control surface is a series
of large flat double sided boards. From appearance I guessed the
switches to be ALPS but the German parts list gives the following
reference as best as I can decode it.

SCHALTER-TAST 4XUM 1 switch 4pdt

It's a latching type btw.

Any help sourcing same would be appreciated. I only need 2 but knowing
this beast one or two more might pack up !

Thanks, Graham

The Ampex ATR700 decks use a switch that might be the same beast. It is a
PCB that slides into the pushbutton. I've seen spares for sale on the net
for that switch. You might want to search for ampex parts. AMpex mailing
list or something like that.
bg