Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Filling Old Wallplug Holes

"Rod" wrote

Rethinking various apsects of house. Involves removal of lots of battens
and shelves (and suchlike), which obviously results in holes where the
wall plugs have been removed.

I want to fill them ready for decorating but it is a tedious process. I
haven't found a good technique for getting the filler to the bottom of the
holes. So far I have been pushing some filler in, then tamping it down,
adding some more, tamping it down... I don't mind the doing of it as such,
but it slows everything down so much.

Just ordinary light-ish-weight block walls - the odd brick or whatever.

Any suggestions?

--
Rod

If the holes that are left are very sandy/crumbly, start by squirting in
some dilute PVA.
This will take a few minutes onlyt for all the holes and help stabilise the
area/avoid pulling all the moisture out of the filler.
Again this is far end of the proverbial stuff, but hey-ho

Phil