Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Programmable thermostat recommendation ?

"Lee" wrote in message
. ..

I'll be having someone else install it since I don't "do" electric! I'd
like to spend in the $50-70 range, but like I said I don't know anything
about them, so if there is a compelling reason to pay more for a
particular model, I'd be interested in that recommendation as well. Any
particular features I should look for, or are they all pretty much the
same? This will be replacing a Honeywell digital (but not programmable)
unit if that makes any difference. Oh, and it's for an oil furnace, forced
hot air. Also have A/C.

Either Honeywell or White Rogers.

Most will do a 5/2 program and if you work Mon-Fri that is all you need.
Others have more options as to the individual days so if you have odd days
off, that is best for you. I like having the heat come on 15 minutes before
I get out of bed.