Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AtomicTom AtomicTom is offline

Default 8mm camcorder , No Playback

I was using my Sony DSC-TVR520 at the ocean, and I got a moisture
error message. Troubleshooting told me to let it stand and dryout for
and hour. I opened the tape bay to take out the tape and it was stuck
to the head. I pulled on the tape and it came out with difficulty.
That tape was streched, but I was able to rewind it. I put in a new
tape and started to record on it and everything worked until I tried
to playback what I just recorded. No play back. I tried playback on
previuouly recorded tapes, and still no playback. All I get is a blue
screen while playback.