Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Ms Palin's bookery

See the following:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

"John Santos" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Let's spend a few moments browsing the list of books Mayor Sarah
Palin
tried to get town librarian Mary Ellen Baker to ban in the lovely,
all-American town of Wasilla, Alaska . When Baker refused to remove
the
books from the shelves, Palin threatened to fire her. The story was
reported in Time Magazine and the list comes from the librarian.net
website.

I'm sure you'll find your own personal favorites among
the
classics Palin wanted to protect the good people of Wasilla from, but
the ones that jumped out at me were the four Stephen King novels (way
go Stephen, Joh n Steinbeck only got three titles on the list), that
notorious piece of communist pornography "My Friend Flicka," the
usual
assortment of Harry Potter books, works by Shakespeare, Walt Whitman,
Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain (always fun to see those two names
together),
Arthur Miller, and Aristophanes, as well as "Our Bodies, Ourselves"
(insert your own Bristol Palin joke here), and the infamous one-two
punch of depravity: "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Little Red Riding
Hood." But the cherry on the sundae, the topper, is Sarah Palin's
passionate, religious mission to clear the shelves of the Wasilia
Public
Library of that ultimate evil tome: "Webster's Ninth New Collegiate
Dictionary." That's the one with "equality," "free speech" and
"justice" in it.

Go over to your book case and take down one of the books
you'll find on the list (I know you've got a couple) and give it a
read
in honor of the founding fathers. Then tell me I'm not the only
voter
who doesn't want this woman within thirty feet of the United States
Constitution.

Sarah Palin's Book Club

[snip long list]

I've read maybe a quarter of these, really falling behind. It's an
inspiration. I should really try to read the rest of them by election
day.

Silas Marner? We did that in 7th grade, IIRC. Some of the books,
while completely inoffensive, I can see why a religious fundamentalist
idiot would be against, but Silas Marner? Are they against people
changing for the better and caring for those less fortunate?

And why didn't Nathanial Hawthorne or Herman Melville make the list?

UNFAIR!!

See the following:

http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/s...in-vp-nominee/
http://www.time.com/time/politics/artic le/0,8599,1837918,00.html