Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default On topic -- Schick vs. Gillette blades

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 04:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Sep 8, 1:40*am, "Den" wrote:

I do likewise. I washed the pooch when I was in the shower on the weekend to
save filling the laundry trough......I guess you guys didn't really need to
know that huh.

My wife had a dog that would tolerate an indoor bath in cold weather
as long as its head was outside the curtain. To make it easier I added
a shower head Y adapter and a kitchen sink spray on a long hose. It
worked so well for washing us, large pots, etc that I took out the
normal shower head and only use the sink spray now. This cut the water
heater electric bill at least in half. The expensive multi-nozzle
sprays do everything EXCEPT shut off when you let go.

Hand showers with the trigger feature used to be readily available but
I haven't seen them lately.

The spray head is easier to put down and pick up if you are seated.
The Rubbermaid step stools work fine as shower seats and may save you
from a fall. I didn't mention this when I worked for a home medical
equipment company, but if you have normal mobility I think the stools
are better than regular shower chairs.

The day the cast came off my foot, I built a bench from cedar 2x4's
notched to fit across the top of the tub, and 1x2 slats attached with
brass screws.

We taught the dog to shake dry ONLY on command rather than in the
hallway. Then it made a funny scene when someone reached out their
hand and asked her to "shake".

Jim Wilkins

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada