Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling Old Wallplug Holes

Rod wrote:
Rethinking various apsects of house. Involves removal of lots of
battens and shelves (and suchlike), which obviously results in holes
where the wall plugs have been removed.

I want to fill them ready for decorating but it is a tedious process.
I haven't found a good technique for getting the filler to the bottom
of the holes. So far I have been pushing some filler in, then tamping
it down, adding some more, tamping it down... I don't mind the doing
of it as such, but it slows everything down so much.

Just ordinary light-ish-weight block walls - the odd brick or
whatever.
Any suggestions?

As a matter of interest, a letting agency once paid me to remove all the
plugs & fill the holes in a (vacated) rented three bedroom flat. Fairly new
place.

There were so many I counted them - 83 in total :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk