Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Filling Old Wallplug Holes

Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:35:46 UTC, Rod wrote:

Rethinking various apsects of house. Involves removal of lots of battens
and shelves (and suchlike), which obviously results in holes where the
wall plugs have been removed.

I want to fill them ready for decorating but it is a tedious process. I
haven't found a good technique for getting the filler to the bottom of
the holes. So far I have been pushing some filler in, then tamping it
down, adding some more, tamping it down... I don't mind the doing of it
as such, but it slows everything down so much.

I was tempted to use a tube of pre-mixed filler for this. Bad idea.

That stuff seems to work properly only in thin layers, or it doesn't
set. I waited a day or two for one lot, then gave up. Used standard
powder mix stuff and it set almost straight away.

I know this doesn't answer the question, but...

I want to use a mastic gun and cartridge of filler - no idea if that is
a good idea or not, but I couldn't find any. I dare say the various
Gripfills and similar would be usable - but would probably shrink and
stink and go the same way that yours did.

--
Rod

onset.