Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Filling Old Wallplug Holes

John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:

I want to fill them ready for decorating but it is a tedious process.
I haven't found a good technique for getting the filler to the bottom
of the holes. So far I have been pushing some filler in, then tamping
it down, adding some more, tamping it down... I don't mind the doing
of it as such, but it slows everything down so much.

Any particular reason why you need to fill the full depth of the hole? I
normally find that filling it level with an appropriate filler (even of
that leaves 3/4 of the hole depth unfilled) is more than adequate for
cosmetic purposes.

It just feels the right thing to do! I want to be able to drill new
holes anywhere without coming across voids. Also, I have found it very
easy to underfill a hole when just smearing a thin-ish layer on. Taking
care to entirely fill it avoids that.

Maybe I am getting hung up on something that doesn't matter that much?

--
Rod

onset.