Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Programmable thermostat recommendation ?

On Sep 8, 9:06*am, Lee wrote:
Never had one before, so I have no idea what to look for. Usually I just
keep the house coldish in the winter and warmish in the summer rather
than running a bill up, but I may now be ready to move forward G. I
spend most of my free time in one room watching tv etc, using a Delonghi
type radiator, so it's not like I'm stoic.

I work M-F so I think it might be nice to wake up to a warm house for a
change, and one day a week I have to get up several hr early for a
meeting, so some flexibility would be nice, but not mandatory, for that
day. Ease of use is not mandatory, although it would be nice. I can
generally figure out dvr's, vcr's etc w/o instructions.

I'll be having someone else install it since I don't "do" electric! I'd
like to spend in the $50-70 range, but like I said I don't know anything
about them, so if there is a compelling reason to pay more for a
particular model, I'd be interested in that recommendation as well. Any
particular features I should look for, or are they all pretty much the
same? This will be replacing a Honeywell digital (but not programmable)
unit if that makes any difference. Oh, and it's for an oil furnace,
forced hot air. Also have A/C.

I vote with everybody else that Honeywell has excellent thermostats.
Best in my experience are mid- to upscale units, say $55 and up, best
balance of needed features.

Joe