Steve

Default Mobile bases for router & tablesaw

Secret wrote in message
. 4.10...
(RM MS) wrote in news:29796-3F4F97E4-63@storefull-
2293.public.lawson.webtv.net:

Mine is a ring or 2×6 around the bottom of the saw legs. 2 more 2×6
laid flat and screwed across and beneath that ring makes the wheel
mount. Casters were snatched from a junk pile at work.If you need
lockers, then look a little longer and grab them. If not, tap a

little
wedge between the wheel and sheave. Nuts and carriage bolts were

laying
in jars and bins in my garage for years already, glad to use them p.
Total time: 2hrs.

And the value of that time is what? 0?

Well, unless you have someone that pays you for your spare time, then
you are correct - the answer is zero.

I'm all for do it yourself and being inventive, but sometimes it's

just
frivolous. I could put in 2 hours of overtime, and make FAR more than
what the cost of the factory built base is, purchase the purpose-built
welded steel item and still have money left over. More-over with spare
time being at a premium, I'd rather work on the projects that interest

me
than spend time dicking around trying to cobble up solutions to

problems
that have already been solved. I suspect that I'm far from alone in

that

Kind of boils down to you spend your spare time the way you want and
he'll spend it the way he wants.