Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Need advice on buying a good tap & die set for small machine work

I have given up using tap wrenches or handles.
Drill a hole, chuck the tap, tap...

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

"Dave August" wrote in message
As George has said lots of good advice so far...

but I'll go one further than he and Jon have said about a tapping block,

build yourself a tapping fixture like this.

http://www.ggls.org/TappingFixture/

It's an afternoon project with hardware store parts.

I posted this here several years ago and got an incredible amount of
positive feedback on it, and about 5 months ago Matt Mason published this
in his "LGRR" Magizine...

Oh I'm I "buy the best" kind of guy... "Cheap tools are false economy"