Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Question about garage door size...

If you are in the market for a door and have a Wayne Dalton dealer near you
be sure to check them out for pricing. They make great doors and despite
early problems with their Idrive opener, the current ones are terrific and
fit right above the door instead of in the middle of the ceiling. We had 3
installed last year and they are working great and you don't have to install
the extra safety eyes at the base of the opening if you go with a non pinch
WD doors.

"Xao" wrote in message
I have an existing garage door on a small one car garage that I use
more for storage than anything else. It's an old garage with a wooden
door on it currently.

Question is, I measured the size of the actual wooden door itself and
it comes out to 94" (7' 8") width and 78" (6' 5") in height. When I
look at garage doors in the weekly circular the closest I see listed
is a standard size of 8' x 7'. When they quote these sizes, are they
quoting what it will be with the hardware or the door itself?

If it's the door itself, I'm assuming I'll have to contact a garage
door specialty place for a custom size?

Thanks for any help.