Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Roof vent problem:

On Sep 7, 12:48*pm, "sal" wrote:
Hi folks. I have an problem with my roof vents in the winter, the roof is
low pitch about 4-12 *the snow builds up and air from attic causes the snow
to melt creating ice dams at every vent , this can build up during winter
months and create an terrible stress load . I have been looking for taller
vents but can't seem to find any. My attic has blown in fiberglass and *10
inch *glass batts over it I'm not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Sal

The problem is you have warm air leaking into the attic, fix that.