Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:56:54 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

I was shocked (but not injured) by a computer at work.

Computer A was in a two prong outlet with conduit ground, but the
outlet connections were reversed so that the metal case of the
computer was hot rather than at ground.

Computer B was in a similar outlet at the next workstation, but the
outlet connections were not reversed and case was at ground.

They were networked, connected by biax (shielded two conductor
cable). So I held a barrel connector in each hand as I tried to link
the computers, and got that old familiar tingling across the chest.

That is a very good example.