Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Making Cardboard Waterproof?

On Sep 7, 5:27*am, Art Todesco wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

I have a design made out of cardboard that I will be keeping outside
in the elements. *I need it to be able to hold rain water inside it,
so I'm wondering if there is any way to water proof it? *Here are some
ideas:

1) *What If I painted it with an oil based paint?
2) *How about using epoxy glue and covering the entire inside?
3) *What about coating the inside with Portland Cement?
4) *I could coat the inside with tin foil, then use epoxy on the
joints?

Is there a much better idea than these?

Thanks

If this is corrugated cardboard, they
make a product which is identical except
all out of plastic, trade name Coroplast
.... used for signs, etc.- Hide quoted text -

And if he waits until after the election there are tons of political
signs made from that or similar stuff.

Harry K