Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

Having had three children, I've heard lots of women's experiences of
birth and I've rarely (actually maybe even never, I can't think of
one) heard a positive account of a **normal** hospital birth and have
never heard a negative account of a home birth, even the two that
resulted in transfer to hospital. Obviously the hospital stuff is
crucial when things go wrong and we're lucky to have all that too -
wouldn't want to be without it.

Well...

Our first child was born in an abysmal placed in an old workhouse;!,
passing as the Mill road maternity hospital, now long defunct but the
second and third were at the Rosie maternity unit at Cambridge and very
good it was too.

Much left to your own devices with minimal intervention but it was there
when needed, not that it was, but mother liked all the fussing around
and attention afterwards but was pleased to be off home after a few
days.

And no matter how many times you've witnessed the event its one of the
most humbling experiences there is...

--
Tony Sayer