Posted to alt.home.repair
BCDrums BCDrums is offline

Default A new roof: Some questions

Norminn wrote:

If you go to certainteed's website, you can find install instructions by
wading through several screens. The installation
instructions vary by how steep the slope is, but you can (and should)
read it all he
http://www.certainteed.com/NR/rdonly...anual8Ch13.pdf

I found instructions to use four nails per shingles, but didn't read the
whole nine pages, so be sure to look at what applies for
your roof.
I would also look up all of the warranty info. You can call a roofing
supplier to check the cost in your area.

Thanks, I will read the installation instructions

Seems that adding ridge vents without soffit vents would be rather useless.

The ridge vent is required in my state, but the cottage was built in
1960, and has never had one.

Thanks!

BC