Posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Looking for this switch (Midas Venice solo switch)

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

I'm repairing a Midas Venice mixing console. Try and avoid doing so.
It's a nightmare

Despite the agent's tech insisting that the 'solo' switches are 'self
cleaning', no amount of exercising them will prevent 2 of them behaving
intermittently.

They are pcb vertical mount types, i.e. the control surface is a series
of large flat double sided boards. From appearance I guessed the
switches to be ALPS but the German parts list gives the following
reference as best as I can decode it.

SCHALTER-TAST 4XUM 1 switch 4pdt

It's a latching type btw.

Any help sourcing same would be appreciated. I only need 2 but knowing
this beast one or two more might pack up !

Thanks, Graham

I have a bunch of finds, none of which may be relevant, but I pass them on
to you. The most interesting is
http://www.henri-electronic.de/start.php?P_989.php, which depicts a
bat-handle Schalter 4XUM.

Nope, none of those. That's when consoles had 'real' switches instead of using
consumer parts ! You'll find those on my first home-made desk.

Have a look at the below link. From what I gather, the actual brand is
"Schalter", which is owned by Assmann. "Tast" is German for "test", which I
suppose is actually a colloquial expression of a function, I don't know
what.

Page down. Besides the DIP switches, there is a type called a "taster."
http://www.bimel.com.tr/urun/pdf/ass...c-switches.pdf

Those are the small low profile tact(ile) switches. This one is much taller.

Also, google for "SCHALTER 4XUM"

No luck with that other than blind alleys.

From Franc's comments I'm thinking again it may be more likely to be an ALPS part
that I didn't see in the online catalogue. Midas do make a point of using ALPS
parts.

Graham