Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
On 6 Sep, 20:54, Owain wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
oblong wrote:
I'm planning a home birth
Why don't you just go to hospital like normal people?
Well, this is a DIY group.

Owain

(I am the OP, I posted using wrong account before)

lol! Yes, all you uk-diy-ers ought to be well into home births!

Thanks for the (relevant) responses, I'm reassured, I'll put the pool
over the load-bearing wall as it's a reasonable place to put it
anyway.

Regarding home birth.. I can't let some of the comments go un-
answered! Homebirth is as safe as hospital birth for normal low-risk
births based on the statistics, this is with trasfers to hospital
taken into account.

Bollox of course it isnt, you have no access to back up facilities. You are
simply a potencial burden to the ambulance service.

Cost benefit should be considered he Its probably a lot cheaper to
have a home birth with a good midwife, and the percentage that do go
wrong and do require an ambulance are probably insufficient to offset
the lower cost.

I think its more the NHS being sensitive to litigation if the birth goes
wrong, and mother or baby dies, and they COULD have been saved if they
had been in a hospital etc..

I WISH all this nanny state legislation could be an OPTION and not de
jure though.

I would `LOVE to walk into a shop and have stuff with red lables on
reading 'this product has not been produced according to EU directive
blah blah blah, in fact we shot it on Sunday and butchered it 5 days ago
and its been hanging in the cool room since then. It does however have
flavour to die for, and if it happens to have the wrong bacteria in it,
and you fail to cook it properly, that mifht be the case. Eat at your
own risk and pleasure'.