Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

On Sep 6, 3:38*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
Apparently you don't actually have a computer at home, because the
only place from which you seem to post is googlegroups.

Ah, there's that ole "jumping to conclusions" habit of yours rearing
it's ugly head again.

You're about as logical as a screen door on a submarine, Pops. First you
claim to use googlegroups because it's your only option while at work.
Now you claim, uh, what are you claiming, anyway?

Anyone who would use a web-based usenet interface when other options are
available is just plain tetched. You started to explain your reasons for
doing so several times, but kept trailing off with a "never mind,"
likely because, uh, there are no valid reasons to do that.

Please, enjoy your ground-plug induced trance. Here's a little weekend
riddle for you to muse on: How many people are killed by electricity in
their homes every year?

Hint: Take the number of people who die by falling down while walking
*on level ground* every year, and divide by fifty or a hundred. That
should get you in the ballpark.

OK, it now appears that you just respond without even reading (or
perhaps it's without understanding) what I post. I don't even know
why you brought up ground plugs in this latest response. Not once, in
any of my posts did I even enter the discussion about whether
grounding a computer made any dfference. In fact, the closest I came
to entering the discussion was *agreeing* with you that people are not
getting electrocuted by their computers. Did you even read that?

I commented on 2 things:

1 - I said that I think the OP is either a lousy technician or a
troll.
2 - I responded when you asked to be shown the AC wires in a computer
and said that most cases are non-metallic.

How do you infer from my pointing out that there are AC wires in the
power supply, and that neither of us know the percentage of metallic
cases to non-metallic cases, to mean that I think the computer should
be grounded? You asked to be shown where the AC wires were and I
answered. You said the case "was most likely not metal" and I
disagreed. No where in either of those statements is there any hint at
my opinion as to the need for, or purpose of, a ground.

You started to explain your reasons for (using googlegroups)
several times, but kept trailing off with a "never mind," likely
because, uh, there are no valid reasons to do that.

No, I trailed off with a "never mind" because as I tried to point out,
I have no need to justify my use of any given technology to you. You
must have missed the underlying meaning that there is indeed a reason
for using the same technology at home that I am *forced to* at work.
(There's a huge hint in that last statement if you care to look.) I
have my reasons, which you may not find valid, but I don't need to
explain them to you in fine detail. Bottom line: I don't need your
approval on anything I do, including how I access newsgroups.

BTW, you didn't respond to the specific request I made.

Please explain how this post would be different if it was posted from
Agent or NewsPro or OSXnews or UsenetGrab.