Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default 1995 Mtd snowblower wont start

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:05:33 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:55:08 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

I would probably buy a $50 carb for it before I trashed it. But then
I'd have done that before I rebuilt a carb. I did my last one last
Dec. Isn't worth the aggravation.

It's a single barrel carb. Not complicated to rebuild. My fun is
having kit parts left over and hearing the engine run.

But the *un*fun is spending $15-20 and a few hours and still not
having it run. There are seals and seats and narrow passages
buried under welch plugs that can be-devil you.

New carb- 2 bolts & a clamp- and a new gasket- and better than you can
rebuild old parts.

Jim