Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1995 Mtd snowblower wont start

-------------------------------------

I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried
to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned
and rebuilt carb and still wont start. Engine model is hssk50 pull start
no electric. Anyone have any ideas before i call it trash?

Posted to alt.home.repair

snowblowerman wrote:

-------------------------------------

I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried
to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned
and rebuilt carb and still wont start. Engine model is hssk50 pull start
no electric. Anyone have any ideas before i call it trash?

Hi,
Do you have spark? Is engine flooded?(spark plug wet?)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Does it have gas in it? FRESH gas?

"snowblowerman" wrote in message

-------------------------------------

I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried
to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned
and rebuilt carb and still wont start. Engine model is hssk50 pull start
no electric. Anyone have any ideas before i call it trash?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:55:08 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

I would probably buy a $50 carb for it before I trashed it. But then
I'd have done that before I rebuilt a carb. I did my last one last
Dec. Isn't worth the aggravation.

It's a single barrel carb. Not complicated to rebuild. My fun is
having kit parts left over and hearing the engine run.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I would probably buy a $50 carb for it before I trashed it. But then
I'd have done that before I rebuilt a carb. I did my last one last
Dec. Isn't worth the aggravation.

It's a single barrel carb. Not complicated to rebuild. My fun is
having kit parts left over and hearing the engine run.

But the *un*fun is spending $15-20 and a few hours and still not
having it run. There are seals and seats and narrow passages
buried under welch plugs that can be-devil you.

New carb- 2 bolts & a clamp- and a new gasket- and better than you can
rebuild old parts.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Try a squirt of ether on the air cleaner filter. See if it burns ether
vapors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus