Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Craftsman mitre saw problem

Finlay Spicer wrote:
Hello. I have a craftsman 10" sliding compound mitre saw.

When set for a 45 degree bevel, the blade strikes the left plastic table
insert. There is no adjustment possible on the saw, and it looks as if
it would slice at least 1/4 " off the radius of the insert. All other
angles, dangles and bojangles do not interfere with the table inserts.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, what is the workaround?

Don't have the particular saw, but it's not at all uncommon for saw
inserts in general to be cast for the 90-deg position and require
cutting to accommodate the full range of blade travel.

IOW, I'd guess it's WAD or a "feature", not a problem.

One could make another sacrificial insert if didn't want to cut the
original or I'm sure there are replacements available from Sears so can
have one dedicated to 45-deg work if desired...