Posted to alt.home.repair
Shanghai McCoy[_2_] Shanghai McCoy[_2_] is offline

Default New Generator will not start

TWayne wrote:
On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:20:42 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:
Another possibility is the oil level. Fill the crankcase until the
oil runs over, then cap it. In my experience, newer generators have
a VERY sensitive low-oil sensor. Mine looked full, but wouldn't
start until I completely filled it....
that's a great way to blow the seals out.

Many say to fill it completely, there is a fill hole and it is
supposed to be to the the top of the fill hole. I have several pieces
of power equipment including a generator with that requirement.
Overfilling these is impossible, they are designed to be idiot proof
and don't even have dipsticks.

That explains how one idiot makes it workg

Did he blow a seal, or is that ice cream on his chin?