Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default 1995 Mtd snowblower wont start

(snowblowerman) wrote:

-snip-
I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried
to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned
and rebuilt carb and still wont start. Engine model is hssk50 pull start
no electric. Anyone have any ideas before i call it trash?

I would probably buy a $50 carb for it before I trashed it. But then
I'd have done that before I rebuilt a carb. I did my last one last
Dec. Isn't worth the aggravation.

Now I just go to
http://www.psep2.biz/pages/parts/vie...d/default.aspx, order a $50
carb and relax.
[their prices and service are great. Their website sucks- I can't
remember how I found the page of carbs, but they are there. They
also have telephone service which is good]

Jim