Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default 1995 Mtd snowblower wont start

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:47:30 GMT,
(snowblowerman) wrote:

-------------------------------------

I have a 1995 Mtd yard machines 5 hp 2 stage snowthrower. I recently tried
to start it in early preparation for winter. It would not start. Cleaned
and rebuilt carb and still wont start. Engine model is hssk50 pull start
no electric. Anyone have any ideas before i call it trash?

How do you know you rebuilt the carb correctly? What were the exact
symptoms when it didn't start? Is there spark? Is there adequate
compression? What's in the fuel tank and lines? Did you clean those,
too? Where did you get the "fresh gas" from? From a can that sat a
long time?

You have a lot to check before doing anything rash. If it's in
generally decent shape, it's probably worth taking to a shop for
repair if you can't check all the above yourself.