Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Hill[_2_] Chris Hill[_2_] is offline

Default New Generator will not start

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:20:42 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

Another possibility is the oil level. Fill the crankcase until the oil
runs over, then cap it. In my experience, newer generators have a VERY
sensitive low-oil sensor. Mine looked full, but wouldn't start until I
completely filled it....

that's a great way to blow the seals out.

Many say to fill it completely, there is a fill hole and it is
supposed to be to the the top of the fill hole. I have several pieces
of power equipment including a generator with that requirement.
Overfilling these is impossible, they are designed to be idiot proof
and don't even have dipsticks.