Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Tocord

"HiggsField"
"Phil Allison"

No, it isn't. The weave has a few purposes. It is MAINLY so that one
can pass the run under a rug, and it will lay fairly flat, compared to
that same circular mil area in a solid or stranded "single conductor"
pair, paralleled or twisted.

** The cable in my pic is 7mm round and will not compress as it has an
inner
plastic core.

The inter weave is to reduce cable inductance to a minimum.

It has more than one function.

** So does a tin hat ............

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............

Another function is to quell external influences from changing an
instantaneous potential into a value it was not originally.

** Tin hat logic.

I can show you a standard DVN reading a voltage and observe the jitter
in our noisy lab that creates... then twist the meter leads, and see how
the jitter all but disappears. Noise cancellation IS one of the
functions of the "cable".

** More tin hat logic .........

What has no observable effect in the application has no function.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn........

So the main reason, electrically speaking is to get as much copper area
into as flat a lay as possible.

** It will not lay flat.

Without the core tube, versions of that wire do, and it does not
significantly increase inductance, and it DOES lay flat in such a
scenario. Same exact construction except for the inner tube.

** More ****wit, tin hat logic.

Misses the point by miles.

....... Phil