Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Lube a ceiling fan?

SteveBell wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

All the Hunter "Original" (and other brands) had/have an oil cup.

Very interesting. Where on the fan was the oil cup? Maybe I just
haven't recognized them.

In the portion that contains the switch. The wires ran downward thru a pipe
to isolate them from the oil. The whole thing unscrewed if needed (after
disconnecting wires at ceiling).

As someone said, there was a filler hole in the upper part of the bell
shaped motor housing....tip the fan, add oil until it runs out the top of
the cup. To check oil level, stick a pipe cleaner or similar down the side
of the cup. I haven't added any oil for at least 10 years to my 32 year old
fans.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...