Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Derek is offline

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 14:19:19 +0100, Kevin
wrote:

Why don't you just go to hospital like normal people?

each to his/her own, with MRSA would you go in if you had a choice????

This "Birthing Pool" is completely sterile is it how is that achieved?

As most of the MRSA is bought into hospitals from home I would question
that statement.
At least they might test you for MRSA.

I would question yours at least at home you don't have wards full of
sick people and their visitors

Women in a labour ward giving birth are not, in general, sick.

AFAIAA their visitors are in the same state of health as the visitors
likely to visit one at home.

22 years ago when our daughter was born they were discharged 10 hours
after birth.

2 weeks ago my niece gave birth and 6 hours later they brought the
baby home through London on the bus.

quote
Who is most at risk of developing an MRSA infection?

Are you asking or telling or both ?

Anyhow, the extreme aged or infirm, those who's immune system is
compromised by sickness or treatment they are receiving.

The people who are most at risk of becoming either colonised or infected
with

MRSA are those in close contact with people who may be carrying the
bacteria,

40% of people have it on their skin. Less than 1/2% are true carriers.

for example in hospital wards that care for ill people.

and theatres and shopping centres and on buses and trains and ... ...

Derek