Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sep 5, 12:56 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

(snip)
It's just possible that there are valid reasons for using Google-
groups . Perhaps one's corporate-installed image does not allow for
the installation or use of newsreader applications or personal email
accounts. If one didn't use Google groups in those situations, one
couldn't break up the work day by engaging in such witty banter with
other members of this group.

That's why my office blocks Google Groups. Not Google itself- the place
would grind to a halt without it. Just the groups. The only way I can
bump any personal or fun stuff during the day, is to detach from the
LAN, fire up the wireless, and get out through the non-trusted wireless
nodes they keep running in the conference rooms so visitors can do their
demos. They block anything that looks like personal mail, news feeds,
chat sites, hobby sites, forums, etc.

Hell, I can't even hit my work email from home any more, unless I take
the company machine home and VPN in. They even turned off the web mail
interface.

--
aem sends...