Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default cracked concrete slab has patch in it-slab only 2-3 inches thick

hands on wrote:

On Sep 5, 3:24 pm, grasshopper wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:42:54 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

Have you written to the builder? County/state construction boards and
licensing boards?

If ever there was a case for calling in the cavalry, this sounds like
one.....attorney, prosecutor, etc.

Agree completely.

I contacted the builder, this was his response to my letting him know
I had another crack and I wanted him to buy back my home-
"My attorney will be in touch to discuss all your accusations and
libelous statements. Any offer will be contingent on current actions
in place."
As you can see I am not dealing with a concerned person.

I would do nothing to make further repairs to the slab. Write a
business-like letter listing with
precise wording describing the defects. Send it certified mail, with cc
to state construction
board if you have one, local building code authority. Of course a good
attorney would be my first
choice if I had the $ and expected better conduct from one than from
builder. )