Posted to rec.woodworking
Bored Borg Bored Borg is offline

Default RP - Router Fence positioners - Incra? Pinnacle? anecdotes & advice wanted (LONG)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:33:22 +0100, Larry Blanchard wrote
(in article ):

I have the original Incra jig and I wasn't impressed with its use on a
router table. I stil occasionally use it as a guide to repositioning my
tablesaw rip fence.

The high priced rigs do the job, but if you only use the capabilities
occaionally it'll take a while to recover the cost.

This is the sort of info / opinion I sought, Thanks.

What dissatisfied you with the jig - function, ergonomics, floppiness? Do
you just think that the basic concept is overkill?

If your router table has a miter slot, you can easily rig up a dial
indicator or the like that rides on the miter slot and can ensure the
fence is parallel to the slot. Would that do the job for you?

Hmm.. it's not the parallelism per se that is important, it's more the
_convenient_ repeatable accuracy. Not a great fan of mitre slots, to be
honest.