Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Need advice on buying a good tap & die set for small machine work

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
.. .
From my experience - buy what you need , when you need it , and buy the
best you can find . I have a set from Horrible Fright , they're just not
up to what I need . Buying by the piece may cost a little more in the long
run , but you'll have quality that is more expensive than most want to
spend in a lump . Spreading it out hurts less bg.
BTW , I'm replacing the ones I use the most with the best I can find ...
--
Snag
Didn't really wanna buy them all twice but ...

I will second that. In spades.
My purchase of a Mastercraft tap and die set proved to be a mistake.
BTW I have yet to see a set that goes as low as 2-56.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC